Author Topic: Sanyo Security Serial Protocol SSP  (Read 8043 times)

raan

• View Profile
Sanyo Security Serial Protocol SSP
« on: June 05, 2003, 03:15:34 PM »
I am replacing a 25 pushbutton operator's station that controls both a time lapse VCR and a digital multiplexer tied to 4 cameras. The pushbuttons currently switch in  a resistive ladder network  to contol the VCR and the mux. Originally I was going to use an md888 to switch in the correct ohm value,  but I discovered tha both devices thru rs485 ports support a Sanyo Protocol called Security Serial Protocol. I have the command set from the Sanyo manuals and would like to use the plc to issue the command sequences both don't have any solid ideas about how this proprietary protocol and the command set interrelate.  Any ideas? Where can I find some material about rolling in a protocol to the plc?

I also thought about a 0-20 ma signal to fool the analog ports of the two boxes but the plc output doesnt have enough resolution
thanks
raan
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Sanyo Security Serial Protocol SSP
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 01:49:23 PM »
Depending on the complexity of the Sanyo protocol it may vary from very easy to complex to program to handle its protocol. If the protocol is ASII based and only need no error check or only need simple error check such as checksum, you can very easily handle it using the NETCMD$ command.

You can take example from our website that demonstrate interfacing the T100MD+ PLC to the I-7000 analog module. The I-7000 has its own very simple ASCII protocol and we used the NETCMD$ to efficiently read or write to the I-7000 modules.

See the following link for details:

http://www.tri-plc.com/i7000.htm
http://www.tri-plc.com/trilogi/I-7000.zip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1076562000 »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS