Author Topic: E10+ Relay Com 1 Issue  (Read 6828 times)

sdm

E10+ Relay Com 1 Issue
« on: April 14, 2006, 02:30:57 PM »
I just received my E10+ Relay starter kit, wrote a program but I am unable to connect to the PLC.  Com 1 port will not connect.  I rebooted PC & PLC.  Verified Com 1 as 9600, 8, 1, n.  What else could be wrong?

sdm

Re:E10+ Relay Com 1 Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 05:12:50 PM »
Nevermind.  It took some serious searching but I found the conflict with my serial port.

eva

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »
Hi,

What did you do to fix the communication problem.  

Something really strange is happening to me.  I downloaded the VB.net communication code and it kind of works.  What I mean by that is usually the first 2-3 times I try to send something, the serial port will time out and an error will be displayed, but after a couple times it kicks in and works.

I don't understand what's happening - any ideas?  I don't think this is a VB.net thing - I think it has to do with a problem with the communication.

Any thoughts on tests I could run or info would be very helpful!  Thanks so much!

:)
eva

sdm

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 03:49:21 AM »
I had a com port conflict.  I had a PDA plugged into my PC at the same time and it was using the COM1 I thought was my serial port.  PDA was set up as COM1.  Remember that devices connected to your USB ports are considered COM ports and assigned a number.

eva

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 07:15:24 AM »
Hmmm, yes, I know that.  the only other thing I have plugged into my laptop is my mouse, but I will check and see if unplugging it helps.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!