Author Topic: Calling a dDIFD function  (Read 6943 times)

cdenk

• View Profile
Calling a dDIFD function
« on: June 14, 2007, 12:33:47 PM »
This is with a T100MD888+ and Trilogi

If I have a dDIFD function that has a normally open contact that will trigger that function occasionally, and in other circuits with dCUSf functions that have a call to the dDIFD, will the call ignore the falling edge requirement, and just execute the statements in the dCUSf?  Or do I have to separate the 2 items, into 2 functions, with same statements?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Calling a dDIFD function
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »
Not sure I understand your question. [DIFD] is a special function that is used to drive a coil - usually a relay or output coil. I am not sure what you mean by calling the [DIFD] function from within a {dCusF} since there isn't a command in TBASIC that lets you call a [DIFD].
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:35:04 PM »
Here's the calling Custom Function is of type "dCUSF"  has the statement "Call 49" in it.

Custom Function  49 is of the type "dDIFD" and has the following statements in it:
SETIO ELECT_1_ST
SETIO ELECT_2_ST
TimerPV[10] = 1200

Custom function 49 is on a circuit line with a single Input contact, and only the dCUSF as the output.

The question is when the call 49 is executed, will the 3 statements in #49 get executed. Trilogi 6.12 & 6.13 allowed me to construct this configuration.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 08:45:39 PM »
Yes, when you execute a CALL 49 from another custom function, all the statements in the custom function #49 will be executed regardless of how this function (#49) is being connected at other parts of the ladder program.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS