Author Topic: Automation of Injection Moulding  (Read 7696 times)

s_hussain

• SH
    • View Profile
Automation of Injection Moulding
« on: January 15, 2007, 10:12:01 PM »

I want to use tri-plc T100MD2424+ plc to replace old controller of the injection moulding machine. The I/O are sufficient.

Can tri-plcs be used for this purpose (reliability)?

How often ADC can be read (number of convertions per second)?

Have any one used tri-plc for this purpose?

Thanks,

cdenk

• View Profile
Re:Automation of Injection Moulding
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 05:57:27 AM »
My application is a standby electric generator that switches seamlessly between 3 fuels depending on what is available, has been operating for a year with no problems. I am concerned with very long term reliability (30 -40 years) since in my later years I won't be able to maintain myself and hoping for simple fixes. The tech support is great, just look at time/dates of questions and responses. The quality of the equipment seems to be high industry standard, where probably the biggest issue would be individual components like chips and resistors.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »
I believe we have several OEM customers who use the M-series PLC (T100MD+ and T100MX+) for injection molding machine. You do need temperature sensor with proper signal conditioner that output 0-5V or 4-20mA signal which can then be measured by the PLC using analog inputs in order to make decision.

M-series PLCs are being used in tens of thousands of installation worldwide and have proven their reliability for many years. It has been used in land, sea and even some applications in the aircraft ( FAA approved equipment).

Cdenk - with the way technology advance no body really can forsee what solutions there are 30-40 years down the road. Imagine in the 60s probably nobody would imagine that one day they can be controlling their equipment via the Internet from anywhere in the world.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 09:11:42 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »
Agreed years down the road nobody can project. In this particular situation (and probably no one else will come close). I own a natural gas well that provides heat, and now backup electricity for our home. In the future somewhere in our area if we become victims of electric shortage, We hopefully will be prepared. At 10 years into retirement and still able to design build such equipment, I'm hoping that things will last with easy maintenance into the future. In the near future I will be ordering 2 more PLC's, which will be programmed so it a simple swap of boards will be an easy fix if necessary with little technical expertice. :)

s_hussain

• SH
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 09:00:03 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.

dan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 08:38:31 AM »
Hi,

I have made several IMM conversions using Tri-Plc.
I'm using a touchscreen interface that I developed to have most of the features you can find in a modern IMM.

So to answer to your questions, it works without any problems.

Dan

dan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 07:33:05 AM »
Hi s_hussain,

First if the IMM you want to convert is an old one controlled by limit switches than you don't need an interface, and the programing is not so difficult.
For the IMM using encoders you need an interface.
On every implementation I did, small changes need to be made, so you need to have good knowledge of PLC programing and C++.
In the same time this is part of the services I offer (software+integration) so sending you the software is not something I'm looking forward to do.

Dan