Author Topic: Updating Trilogi today - error  (Read 8346 times)

cdenk

• View Profile
Updating Trilogi today - error
« on: January 15, 2007, 12:34:44 PM »
While updating today got the following error:

Unable to execute file:
 C:\TRiLOGI\TL6\java lib\instserialio2005.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 3.
 The system cannot find the path specified

My installation is to "E" which was specified earlier. The file is in the folder as noted above, except it's"E".

cdenk

• View Profile
Re:Updating Trilogi today - error
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 12:57:57 PM »
Forgot to mention, O/S is WINXP PRO 2nd edition. Program opens OK, don't have PLC connected to RS-232 at moment to check that.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »
If you can locate "instserialio2005.exe" then just double-click on it once and it would have installed jspwin.dll into the most recent Java JRE folder.

If you are able to start TLServer and it doesn't disappear after starting up, then your installation should be OK.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 05:44:14 AM »
Did the above click on the "instserialio2005.exe" and every thing works. Just thought the install should have picked that up. Had also upgraded Java just before the Trilogi install.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 10:43:57 PM »
Many thanks for pointing out this installation issue. We have resolved this issue and a new SetupTL6.exe has been uploaded that allows proper installation to hard disk drive other than the "C:" drive.

We actually don't recommend upgrading JRE to 1.5. The text highlight (such as Find and syntax error highlight) doesn't work on JRE 1.5 although they works flawlessly on JRE 1.4.2. It appears to be a bug in JRE 1.5 but so far Sun has not corrected it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 10:47:09 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 12:31:36 PM »
I'm not familiar with Java, but sounds like these guys have a possible thought:

http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-new-Syntax-Highlighting-Module-t2058941.html

I have other software that runs much better on 1.5, really don't want to dedicate a computer to Trilogi. In Googling for the problem, doesn't seem to be much out there, but I would expect that functionality is commonly used on other software. Should either be a fix or work around. Apparently the issue has been around for at least 6 months.

Joel Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »
I could be mistaken but I think you can have multiple versions of the JRE installed on the same machine.  At least they each have their own subfolder under "C:\Program Files\Java" and a quick Google search seemed to imply this was possible.

However you'd probably have to change how Trilogi is started up since .jar files will most likely be associated with the latest version of Java.  I think you could edit the shortcuts to point to the correct java.exe version and add "TL53.jar" (or whatever) as a parameter.

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 12:44:14 PM »
And as I had said, I'm not that familiar with JAVA, but recently I had issues with Firefox and multiple issues of JAVA on the machine.
See: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=489434&highlight=

I don't expect to have to do any tweaking to get an application to run on a common configured machine. Then again I guess that's what to expect out of Bill Gates, sure wish Gary Kildall was still around.  

eagroup

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »
After updating Java to V5 Update 10, neither TLServer 3.0 or TriLogi 6.1 would open.  I removed the update (Add/Remove Programs), returning my system to release 1.4.2, closed all browsers and everything went back to normal.

And, I turned off Java's auto-checking for updates.