Author Topic: how to RESET  (Read 10799 times)

peterh_DK

• View Profile
how to RESET
« on: January 10, 2007, 05:53:39 AM »
I have blown two RTCs on two different T100MD last week and had to change the RTCs. After changing the RTC and connecting to power - output 6 has been activated and I have had to RESET the unit. I have dones this by downloading the  programme again and clicking  YES to Reset.
But is it possible to RESET the unit without a pc?
Maybe I missed something in the manual

Best Regards

Peter

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:how to RESET
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 08:50:49 AM »
If you create a circuit controlled by an input and using either the [MaRST] function or the TBASIC RESET command you can reset the PLC. The DM data will be cleared by these reset command so if you need to keep the DM data, then you may have to create your own custom function to perform clearing of specific variables only instead of using the built-in RESET command or [MaRST].
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

peterh_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 10:30:32 AM »
Thanks , but that is not quite what I meant.  I was looking for a way by the means of the hardware to make a reset. i.e a jumper or dipswitch combination.

/Peter

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:32:23 AM »
I'll do a little reading between the lines and connect the dots:
Make a circuit (rung) with an input and a time special bit to prevent contact chatter. Connect a push button to that input. Program a diff function in Basic to reset the items that need reset. Then push the button, the Basic executes and the reset of items happens.

peterh_DK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »

Make a circuit (rung) with an input and a time special bit to prevent contact chatter.
Hi Cdenk,

Thanks for the info. I was just going write a normal diff function until you wrote the above. What do you mean by a time special bit? I hadn't thought of  noise interfering.

Best regards
Peter

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 02:20:24 PM »
It was kind of near bed time and I didn't feel like running Trilogi to get the exact term. Your circuit (rung) would include a "Special Bits" contact: 0.1S clock series (same line, not parallel to) with your pushbutton input. You may want  a little longer or shorter time to get the feel (a tap or hold a little longer). Your Diff Function would be on the end of the line.