Author Topic: Connect to XServer over the internet  (Read 6109 times)

JWR

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Connect to XServer over the internet
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:43:23 PM »
I want to connect to the XServer remotely from the internet using TRiLOGI. The IP address is 192.168.200.27. The port is 9080. I can connect using the intranet with no problem. I have a SMC Broadband Router that I have set the Virtual server setting to the XServer IP address and the Private & Public ports to 9080. I know the IP address that my cable company has assigned to me and I put in the EPROM Manager my cable IP address and the the port 9080 (ie xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9080). I am not able to connect. Please help.

Thanks.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Connect to XServer over the internet
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 02:17:40 PM »
The key things to do is to "forward" or "map" the port 9080 to the XServer which in your case the IP address is 192.168.200.27". This you have to do it at your router.

We are not familiar with SMC, but in Linksys and DLink that we tried, you typically do a Port Forwarding configuration in the "Application" link. Once you have configured it you should be able to login to XServer from TRiLOGI using the public IP address.

This has also been described in details in the TRiLOGI programmer's reference guide.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS