Author Topic: program transfer to plc - password  (Read 6246 times)

cyatom

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
program transfer to plc - password
« on: October 17, 2006, 03:50:06 PM »
whenever i try to transfer a program to the plc, it says, 'Transfer protected by password'.  however, i don't know what the password is anymore.  is there a way to physically 'flash' the plc or reset the password using jumpers, etc.?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:program transfer to plc - password
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 04:03:44 PM »
First of all, make sure that you have selected the correct comm port in the TLServer. If the comm port is wrong sometime the TRiLOGI program mistaken that it is a PLC that has been protected by password and therefore show up this request.

You can check if the PLC is responding properly by entering "IR*" at the command prompt of TLServer -> Serial Port Setup screen. If the PLC respond with the correct ID, e.g. "IR01*" then the comm port is OK.

The next thing to do is to send a command to erase the program in the PLC and clear the password, as follow:

@01$cKILL00*

This will clear the program in the PLC and erase any transfer password set into the PLC.

If your TRiLOGI version is older than 5.33 you may want to upgrade to the latest version which have taken care of not mistaken a response from a non existence comm port as a password failure.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS