Author Topic: TL Server / Xserver SCADA  (Read 6601 times)

BJH

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
TL Server / Xserver SCADA
« on: October 09, 2007, 12:42:48 PM »
This may not be the place to ask this question however

Can I use TL server or Xserver to connect between a PLC network and a SCADA software package.

I have a need to run SCADA that will have web access. I want to use the web access to address the network for program mods, without running another network or taking the SCADA off line.

I don't know enough about the TLserver to define the driver other than modbus rtu
I have not selected a SCADA package as yet
help needed please

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:TL Server / Xserver SCADA
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:35:16 PM »
Most SCADA and HMI on the market can only connect to the M-series PLC via serial port but not via the XServer or TLServer. XServer and TLServer uses proprietary encryption for logging in and it support mainly the native protocol and hence is not made compatible with these packages.

However, if the SCADA or HMI support the MODBUS/TCP, you can buy a MODBUS/TCP to serial (RS232) MODBUS converter.( I believe LANTRONIX sell such a box but there should be a number of suppliers on the market) to interface to the M-series PLC via RS232. This will be transparent to the PLC as the converter box will take care of the TCP/IP and convert the protocol to serial MODBUS that the PLC supports.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS